Thank you for your interest in joining Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. We are looking for qualified applicants for the following positions:
The SAFEMed Communications Advisor will support the project through planning, design, and implementation of all communication activities. Based in Kyiv, Ukraine, SAFEMed Communication Advisor will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP) with matrix supervision to Robert Arsenault, OSC’s President. This position has no associated supervisory functions.
- Conceptualize and prepare all project communication materials – technical briefs, technical reports, presentations, and other materials for quarterly stakeholders’ meetings, round table discussions and other project activities in close consultation with project key technical advisors and project COP
- Identify and prepare success stories related to SAFEMed’s work in collaboration with M&E Advisor
- Experience working financial management and governance projects a plus
- Set up monthly e-newsletter for SAFEMed project progress
- Identify channels for dissemination of success stories and other communication materials as appropriate
- Liaise with local press and prepare press briefings and talking points for participants as needed
- Manage and facilitate large SAFEMed communication events
- Liaise and coordinate with the Ministry of Health’s Communication Unit to provide ongoing coordinated support to the Ministry of Health
- In collaboration with SAFEMed technical advisors, government counterpart, and other USAID-funded project prepare evidence-based messages communicating changes in the health care system
- Develop infographics and other visual materials for SAFEMed
- Maintain electronic files of work material and SAFEMed’s communication products
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief of Party or her designee
- Contribute to all quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports on SAFEMed activities for USAID with results and progress visualization
- Offer coaching to SAFEMed staff on public speaking as applicable
- Prepare and disseminate short briefs on significant project events, events/legislation acts at a national level for USAID daily bullets
- Coordinate clearance by the USAID Communication Officer of all public and press briefing materials
- Ensure implementation of the Branding Implementation and Marking Plans
- Ensure maintaining of desired level of visibility through close collaboration with COR and USAID Regional Mission for Ukraine, Belarus and Moldova Senior Development and Communication Officer
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent spoken and written English and Ukrainian
- BA (or equivalent) or a higher degree in communication, public relations, journalism or other relevant discipline
- Experience with graphic design, with special emphasis on infographics
- A minimum of five years of experience in communication, journalism, public relations, or other relevant field
- Experience in technical writing and demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into easily digestible communication materials
- Residence and ability to work in Ukraine required; no relocation expenses will be reimbursed
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience working on USAID or other donor-funded projects
- Familiarity with the health and pharmaceutical sector in Ukraine, including recent healthcare reform developments, policy formulation and implementation processes, and relevant stakeholders
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health or another line ministry
- Experience creating graphics and other visual materials
- Network in Ukrainian media and familiarity with the media landscape
Submit your CV, cover letter, and three professional references via email (email@example.com) by December 31, 2018. Please reference “SAFEMed Communications Advisor” in the subject line.
An advanced degree in policy, management, social or physical sciences, international development, or another field related to climate change and development, with no less than five years of experience in knowledge management is preferred for this position. However, if the individual does not have an advance degree, she/he must have a bachelor’s degree policy, management, social or physical sciences, international development, or another field related to climate change and development, with no less than eight years of experience in knowledge management. In addition, the individual must demonstrate previous experience with online and face-to-face approaches to knowledge management and learning. Experience with technology projects in the developing world is strongly preferred. Other preferred skills include excellent communication skills (oral and written), analytic skills, database management, programing, and strong interpersonal skills. The individual must have geographic information systems expertise, including data analysis, management, visualization, and distribution. Understanding of applied Earth science information and products is necessary. Knowledge of data and metadata standards is an asset.
Knowledge Management Specialist roles and responsibilities:
- Leads review of existing KM tools, assesses options for improvement, and proposes solutions to USAID and partners.
- Engages IT firms and subcontractors to streamline management of knowledge at a structural level.
- Updates project hubs’ planning templates annually and performs timely reviews of subs’ service plans.
- Maintains online tools, including a Guidebook, global and hub-level user engagement database, global calendar, Geoportal, and global product catalogue.
- Plans and supports face-to-face hub exchanges and an annual event for network partners in order to build capacity within hubs’ KM systems.
- Provides KM inputs to the Communications Lead to ensure that the project is able to more appropriately capture and tell the development story.
- Collaborates with the M&E Specialist to ensure that feedback of new product/information demands are relayed back to the Applied Science Team (AST) to facilitate uptake of new tools and technologies and that all relevant science activities are captured in monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- Supports the CSRD Coordinator and CSRD Partnership Coordination from a KM perspective by addressing and capturing the needs and gaps of climate services implementation.
- Assists the Grants Manager and Grants Under Contract (GUC) Program to ensure grantee outputs are properly shared and catalogued.
Submit your CV via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please reference “Knowledge Management Specialist” in the subject line.
Work with us!
OSC is always looking to recruit exceptional new team members interested in beginning or advancing a career in international strategic communications. OSC offers unparalleled opportunities to work with talented professionals in some of the world’s most dynamic and challenging environments.