Thank you for your interest in joining Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. We are looking for qualified applicants for the following positions:
The COP will provide overall project leadership, oversee management of staff and consultants, develop work plans and other project documents, and serve as the project’s primary point of contact for USAID. S/he should have demonstrated broad management and team building experience; technical knowledge of strategies related to economic growth and development, gender mainstreaming and women’s empowerment, and/or social and behavior change communication; and experience in Jordan and/or the Middle East. This is a long-term (five-year) position based in Amman, Jordan.
- Master’s degree in areas such as international development, political science, or gender studies
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience working in international development, including direct supervision of professional and support staff
- Experience managing complex donor-funded projects; previous COP or DCOP role on USAID-funded activities strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of women’s economic empowerment issues in Jordan and/or the Middle East
- Excellent oral and written English and Arabic language communication skills
Submit your resume/CV, cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please reference “Jordan WEELA Chief of Party” in the subject line.
OSC is committed to recruiting, employing, promoting, and retaining the best-qualified individuals without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
An advanced degree in policy, management, social or physical sciences, international development, or another field related to climate change and development, with no less than five years of experience in knowledge management, is preferred for this position. However, if the individual does not have an advanced degree, she/he must have a bachelor’s degree policy, management, social or physical sciences, international development, or another field related to climate change and development, with no less than eight years of experience in knowledge management. In addition, the individual must demonstrate previous experience with online and face-to-face approaches to knowledge management and learning. Experience with technology projects in the developing world is strongly preferred. Other preferred skills include excellent communication skills (oral and written), analytic skills, database management, programming, and strong interpersonal skills. The individual must have geographic information systems expertise, including data analysis, management, visualization, and distribution. Understanding of applied Earth science information and products is necessary. Knowledge of data and metadata standards is an asset.
Knowledge Management Specialist roles and responsibilities:
- Leads review of existing KM tools, assesses options for improvement, and proposes solutions to USAID and partners.
- Engages IT firms and subcontractors to streamline management of knowledge at a structural level.
- Updates project hubs’ planning templates annually and performs timely reviews of subs’ service plans.
- Maintains online tools, including a Guidebook, global and hub-level user engagement database, global calendar, Geoportal, and global product catalogue.
- Plans and supports face-to-face hub exchanges and an annual event for network partners in order to build capacity within hubs’ KM systems.
- Provides KM inputs to the Communications Lead to ensure that the project is able to more appropriately capture and tell the development story.
- Collaborates with the M&E Specialist to ensure that feedback of new product/information demands are relayed back to the Applied Science Team (AST) to facilitate uptake of new tools and technologies and that all relevant science activities are captured in monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- Supports the CSRD Coordinator and CSRD Partnership Coordination from a KM perspective by addressing and capturing the needs and gaps of climate services implementation.
- Assists the Grants Manager and Grants Under Contract (GUC) Program to ensure grantee outputs are properly shared and catalogued.
Submit your CV via email (email@example.com). Please reference “Knowledge Management Specialist” in the subject line.
Work with us!
OSC is always looking to recruit exceptional new team members interested in beginning or advancing a career in international strategic communications. OSC offers unparalleled opportunities to work with talented professionals in some of the world’s most dynamic and challenging environments.